Healthy in Chicago isn’t just for the everyday athlete, or 6 day a week gym member, it is also for those who want to be inspired to be healthier in their life; those who are looking to join a gym, run a race or just want to know how to eat healthier.
Healthy in Chicago’s resources are for everyone, all ages, all fitness levels, all shapes and sizes.
Healthy in Chicago was created by a Chicagoan just like you! I came to a point in my life where I was looking for more active, healthier activities and resources in the city…and really couldn’t find them and neither could my friends.
So, I thought…why not share the information I find with everyone so they too can have the local resources to enjoy a healthier life, when and if they want to? And with that Healthy In Chicago was created!
More about me
- I’m someone who doesn’t always “practice what they preach” in terms of health advice. I am not the perfect pinnacle of health. I truly believe in moderation and not depriving myself of things (food and drinks) I love, which doesn’t always fit within the “recommendations” of healthy living.
- Has a sweet tooth-favorite bakery in the city Sweet Mandy B’s!
- Makes attempts to make healthy choices and health goals however (see first bullet)
- Has a college degree in Sport Science
- Employed with IL largest health system, and is responsible for educating the community on health topics that plague Chicagoan’s (diabetes, heart disease, asthma, obesity, etc)
- Previous experience as a personal trainer
- Certified Intrinsic Coach (basically a life coach, someone to motivate you to follow through with the decisions, you have made in your life…example, quitting smoking)
- I value your input as our site builds! Let me know topics you would like to read about, suggestions on reviews to explore, etc
According to the World Health Organization healthy is defined as being “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
In other words, you don’t have to be a professional athlete, body builder, or completely eliminate chocolate from your diet or never drink a beer to be considered healthy. None of us are perfect, and many of us strive to live a healthy life, but also want to enjoy things that taste good and make us happy (social well-being).
Healthy In Chicago is a way to share healthy resources that are in the City of Chicago, so we can all be educated on what choices are out there to make healthier decisions, when we want to make those decisions.
For example, are you looking for a gym that has a pool, or a running track, how about a boxing program or basketball league? Or which restaurants offer healthier choices on their menus? When the next 5K run is in your neighborhood? Or reviews on a personal trainer, group fitness class, tennis league…
So tune in to Healthy in Chicago!
I thank you for following Healthy in Chicago! There are plans in the works to expand the site, providing more resources for those interested, to include information on gyms, classes, studios, and more. So stay tuned as we grow!
Questions? Comments? Send email to email@example.com
Healthy In Chicago LLC
All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this information; instead, readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being.